Saturday, July 31, 2010

GW; a degenerate scale models company




I'm pretty pissed at gamesworkshop... their tau crisis suit designs and production models are possibly the most design flawed models I have ever attempted.

Firstly, lets start with the design aspect. I thought crisis suits were supposed to be piloted by a tau pilot inside. With the GW model, there is physically no way a tau can ever fit inside. If it were a suit of external armor systems, the tau pilot must have a stance as wide as a buffalo (nuts included) to fit into the suit's pelvis stance. In whats shown on the forgeworld site, a normal tau without armor looks more like a tall lanky disco junkie from the 70's afro, bell bottoms, how do they sit inside that god forsaken mecha suit? Also, there seems to be no torso movement at all. Can you imagine living life doing everyday things without being able to rotate your waist?

I think the tau suit idea is a good one... but like most imitators, the execution is an epic fail. Since the tau designers have proven that their IQ is roughly congruent with that of a cabbage, I hereby nominate my garden gnome eddy mcfuck to undertake the next tau codex' suit designs entirely. With all due respects, leave the robot designing to the Japanese.

Secondly, lets go over the quality of gw products, how many times have tank panels not lined up symmetrically with the corresponding sides? how many forgeworld doors have you bought that seem to suffer from more shrinkage than penis on a cold day if ice fishing? how many tau suit heads have dents on the smack middle of the top panel? (see picture, red circles marks the spot)

*my only suggestion to warhammer model enthusiasts is to buy a Bandai Gundam model, just build a master grade without even painting it to see the gap of comparison I am trying to illustrate.*

Now gw wants to charge $24.03 (nyc tax included) for this crappy model? how can I quantify this fact and have it make sense in the most marginal manner? Thats almost like saying Catholic priests do not molest underage boys and that the pope does not look like emperor palpatine... This makes me re-think all holy truths and everything else I've been taught...

Being calm now, I must say normally i never buy any fake goods as I believe people should get dues for what they put out on the market but this case is different... clearly we can see that even with the high premium gw is already charging, they still cannot afford a proper quality control team to oversee their products... and yet all nations rip on china for bad quality... I think from now on, I will only buy 1 box or unit of whatever I need, fix that up and just re-cast my own master molds into however many pieces I need. At least that will save me a lot of time than trying to make good something that's defective.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the recaster's team. We here in Brazil, after being shut down from GW embargo simply gave up trying to give them money, hopefuly you'll do something like that and start to make a stand!

    ReplyDelete